Thursday, February 17, 2011

Where do I go from here...


Possessing the wherewith all to praise HIM through my circumstance is the testimony I continue to live, breathe and sustain my courage and strength with.  Enduring challenges over the past 12 months that would test the faith of the most saved and sanctified individual, I have remained steadfast in my commitment to God, family and self because abandoning either would cause more dysfunction than that which I was being forced to deal with.  Having been laid off from a Conflicts Trainer position I absolutely adored in January 2010, I held my head in despair because as a single mother of two growing boys, Elijah (9) and Jeremiah (6), I had no idea how I would see my way through.  So I did as the old folks say, and I've been praying my way through since.  In the wake of the curve ball life had thrown me, I returned to school to work towards a degree in Conflicts Resolution with an emphasis in law firms.  I was trying to do something I had lost the knack for, making sure I was happy.

To separator who I am as a woman, mother, daughter, sister and friend, would be a dismemberment of all that embodies the essence of who I am.  While each developed independent of other facets, they are suscint components once welded together cannot be separated without disruption.  The process of giving each its due attention is often comparable to a juggling act, a few times dropping a ball or two, but I once the technique is finessed, valuable lessons are revealed; often disclosing just how fragile we are and no matter what we do to prepare, there will still occasionally be rocks along the path we are to journey on.

Primarily being a stay-at-home mom at this point, I have found how busy and full ones life can be, even though you may not be punching a time clock each day.  From trying to stay on top of homework assignments, managing my home, managing the social organization I now possess a leadership role in, and having time for my family, the tasks are sometimes daunting, but being a mommy is simply the best of them all.  I enjoy spending whatever free time I can squeeze out with my boys...they are the movers and shakers of our family and one day the world.  Being able to fill their bellies with my love soaked, home-cooked meals, gives just a glimpse into the passion I possess for cooking.  You can really penetrate the depths of someones soul by preparing a simple meal and with my boys, they receive a robust amount of love in every bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment